This program aims to ensure that students can effectively demonstrate mastery in food technology professional standards and skills to function effectively in a commercial kitchen. The programme provides the graduate with the following expertise:
● Knowledge of techniques that ensure hygienic standards for the handling of food
● The ability to provide quality, nutritious, appropriate meals which fulfill the needs of varying clients
● Knowledge of the diverse methods of food and beverage cost control
● Skilled kitchen organization, food choices and menu planning
● An overall knowledge of food technology and management
The associate degree programmes include a work experience component which allows students to gain practical skills and observe and apply management principles and theories.